soireb

Lucky Charm
Marie Astor
Last Kiss Goodnight
Gena Showalter
La Práctica del Servicio Comunitario en Educación Especial: Una aproximación teórica desde el Sentir y Hacer de sus actores. (Spanish Edition)
Yarinés Perdomo
A Dash of Style: The Art and Mastery of Punctuation
Noah Lukeman
Elementary Children's Literature: The Basics for Teachers and Parents (2nd Edition)
Nancy A. Anderson

Hounded: The Iron Druid Chronicles, Book One

Hounded - Kevin Hearne To be honest, I picked this book because of its cover. I thought I had found a book that I had seen in Goodreads some months ago but I couldn’t be more wrong. Let’s start by clarifying, this book is not the one I originally thought, this is an Urban Fantasy novel (I was expecting a Paranormal Romance) about the last druid on earth and his battle to protect our planet from the destructive forces of evil. When I started reading it and realized that it wasn’t the right book and I had no idea what to expect off of it, I hadn’t research it before hand and it sure wasn’t following the plot I had pictured. However, I cannot be more pleased that I made this mistake. For it allowed me to discover a fantastic action/adventure story, and an UF nonetheless; I had missed those recently.Atticus O’Sullivan is the last druid alive, he is a 21-year-old Irish man (a 21-centuries-year-old that is) living in hiding from the rest of the magical community, calling a small town of Arizona home. His life is rather simple, he owns an occult shop near the University campus selling everything from tarot cards to medicinal teas to the town’s people, he trims the garden of an old lady near his house and has the occasional spat with a neighbor. He also had man’s best friend by his side; a beautiful Irish wolfhound named Oberon that, hands down, is my favorite character in the entire book. You see, Oberon can talk to Atticus through a mind connection; by far the funniest lines in the book are always spoken by Oberon.I enjoyed this book a lot, is one of those reads that you can sit back and finish it in a day or two while just loosing yourself in the story and forget your problems; after all Atticus has enough to go around. The book is action packed, and beautifully written. My favorite part of the book is its intrinsic connection with nature and the role it plays in the healing of both the body and the mind.